If it touches the heart, if it helps guide us on our path, it’s a Healing Circle.
Every Friday 8 pm Illumination Holistic Health Center 138 Saint James Place BKLYN, NY 11238
What are Healing Circles?
Healing Circles help us step out of ordinary time into a safe and accepting environment in which to explore our healing.
- With open minds, we explore together ways of deepening our capacity to heal, alleviating our suffering, and finding meaning in both challenge and joy.
- With open hearts, we access our own inner guidance to understand where the greatest healing—in body, emotions, mind and spirit—can occur.
What agreements protect a circle?
We treat each other with kindness and respect.
- We listen with compassion and curiosity.
- We honor each other’s unique ways to healing and don’t presume to advise or fix or try to save each other
- We hold all stories shared in the Circle confidential.
- We trust each of us has guidance we need within us and we rely on the power of silence to access it.
What are the practices of a Healing Circle?
Listen with attention.
- Speak with intention.
- Tend to the well-being of the whole Healing Circle.
What are the Circle roles?
Every member of the circle has an equal voice and is responsible for the leadership of their own healing.
- 3 roles can help the circle flow smoothly:
- The Host convenes and pays attention to flow of the circle.
- The Guardian watches time, holds the bell, and protects the agreements.
- A scribe can keep notes if the circle chooses.
- When a Circle has done its work, the Host should know how and when to end the Circle well.
How do I prepare to host a Healing Circle?
Create a beautiful welcoming space—clean, well-lit, comfortable chairs
- Create a center for the Circle – candle, flowers, or shared object.
- Allow a time for social interaction—refreshments, warm welcome, casual conversation
- Create a smooth transition from welcoming time to Circle time.
What’s a simple, sample Healing Circle?
Entering the Circle – silence, candle, and optional (poem, music, etc.)
- Check in/Heart sharing – talking stick mode – can be more than one round
- Harvesting/Learning – learn from collective wisdom in room or outside resources; can be done in conversational mode.
- Close/ Leaving the Circle
- Note: Importance of social time before and after Circle
What are other types of Healing Circles?
Healing Circles are safe environments for those with a common condition to share their experiences and harvest collective wisdom.
- Discovery Circles are for those who like to process whatever they are facing through a specific form of creative expression.
- Learning Circles are for those who share an interest in a topic or wish to develop a healing skill.
- Caring Circles support those who care for others, including family, friends, professionals, and volunteers.
How do we deepen our Circle work?
By creative expression – Examples: Ritual, art, poetry, music, and movement
- By addressing soul questions – Examples: Meaning & purpose, grief, fear, and uncertainty
- By energy work – Examples: Healing touch, healing intention, and sensitivities to subtle energies
- Deepening our own personal work – Examples: Love, trust, compassion, and gratitude.
- By humor and laughter